I am Shreya Arya, a fifth year PhD student in the Mathematics Department at Duke University. My advisors are Sayan Mukherjee and Ezra Miller.
I am interested in geometry, topology and category theory and its applications to statistics, computer science and mathematical physics.
- A., Coraglia, North, O'Connor, Tenorio, H. Riess, Fuzzy Type Theory, 2023.
- A., Justin Curry and Sayan Mukherjee, A Sheaf Theoretic Construction of Shape Space, arXiv preprint, 2022. To appear in Foundations of Computational Mathematics (FoCM).
A., Auddy, Edmonds, Lim, Memoli, Packer, The Gromov-Wasserstein distance between spheres, 2023, arXiv preprint: 2306.10586.
A., J.-D. Boissonnat, Kunal Dutta and Martin Lotz, Dimensionality Reduction for k-Distance Applied to Persistent Homology, Journal of Applied and Computational Topology, 2021, 5, pg. 671-691.
Also appeared at 36th International Symposium on Computational Geometry (SoCG) 2020.
(November, 2023) Invited Speaker at Math Physics Seminar, UC Boulder. I will talk about "Brownian motion on singular spaces."
(October, 2023) Invited Speaker at AATRN: Applied Algebraic Topology Research Network Seminar. (youtube link)
(April 12 - 14, 2023) Invited Speaker at Statistics of Shapes and Geometry of Shape Spaces, MPI Leipzig.
(11-17th July, 2022) Participated in the Adjoint School in Applied Category Theory, 2022 at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow.
(20th-25th June, 2022) Contributing speaker at ATMCS 10, Algebraic Topology: Methods, Computation and Science at the Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford.
(29th May- 5th June 2022)c Participated in the AMS Math Research Communities in Data Science at the Crossroads of Analysis, Geometry, and Topology.
(3rd Dec, 2021) Invited speaker at ATIA Seminar, virtual.
(9th Nov, 2018) Gave a talk on Metric Embeddings (slides) at Datashape, INRIA, Sophia Antipolis.
Teaching and Outreach
Besides research, I really value teaching, mentorship and community in Mathematics.
- Co-director (with Professors Ingrid Daubechies and Dorothy Buck) of SWiM, 2022 Duke.
Summer Workshop in Math (SWiM) is a workshop for rising high school seniors who are interested in mathematics, with a particular focus on advancing female participation in math.
Co-president of Association of Women in Mathematics AWM Chapter at Duke, 2022-2023.
Instructor of record
- (Spring 22) MATH 112L- Calculus 2, Duke.
- (Spring 21) MATH 112L- Calculus 2, Duke.
- (Summer 22) MATH 219- Multivariable Calculus, Duke
- (Summer 21) MATH 230- Probability, Duke.
- (Summer 20) MATH 260- Python Programming in Math, Duke.
- (Fall 2021) MATH111L- Laboratory Calculus I
- (Aug 22) Lectures on Algebra and Topology, Bootcamp for Incoming Mathematics PhD Students, Duke
- (Aug 21)Lecture on Topology, Bootcamp for Incoming Mathematics PhD Students, Duke.